October 21st • Posted in Travel
The other day I was going through some pictures of Rome from earlier this year and got caught by an extreme (slightly delirious – as I was sick as well!) case of wanderlust, and quickly started planning my travel bucket list! You know that feeling of wanting to get out and about and discover new places, new backgrounds, new histories and cultures?! I bet you do!
There’s just so much of the world I’d like to visit, that it feels pretty useless to list places down at all, but I surely have a couple of places I’m planning to see in the upcoming few years! I always like to save for travels, as if there’s one thing I believe it’s worth investing in, is the pleasure of discovering new places and the way those enrich your own personality and culture each time!
So far we’ve been lucky to travel a couple of times per year already, and I hope to be able to set sail one more time this year as well, just for a few days, maybe even if not going very far away, as I’m concious our beautiful Italy has plenty of places to surprise us too. But in the meanwhile, here are a few places I keep being fascinated and I hope to visit very soon…
Top 5 In My Travel Bucket list
01. Amsterdam – I’m not quite sure what it is that makes me so fascinated about Amsterdam really, but I guess it’s a mix of the view of the beautiful canals and boats, the picturesque cafes or maybe the Instagram-friendly bikes dotted around in every corner, or just because it’s so full of history and art you can see with your own eyes!
02. Copenhagen – Or Denmark, or even Scandivania, just in general! It’s probably all down to the scandinavian interiors, I’ll admit, but there’s no quite a thing I’d love more than be surrounded by pretty minimal-looking cafes everywhere, or small independent shops and boutinques selling unique design goodies, making shopping for souvenires just the best, I’m sure!
Not to talk about the extremely photogenic colourful houses and canals… A dream of mine would be to explore more of Denmark as well, as it seems full of amazing legends, green and breathtaking views!
03. Paris – Although I’ve already been in Paris years ago, I feel like I’ve missed out on much of it and am very sure I’d see it with different eyes right now! I’d love to savour a freshly-baked baguette or munch on creamy cheese while sipping French wine, or immortalize the feeling of passing by a Parisian bakery bringing out fresh croissants on a winter morning! Yes, I’d love to see Paris in wintertime, covered in scarfs and coats and getting warmed up by all of the art and romantic atmosphere.
04. Florence – I’m pretty sure it will be one of our very next destinations, as we’re super lucky to be able to just hop on a train and be there in only a few hours. I guess Florence it’s perfect for some long-weekend impromptu travelling, so extremely full of art and history – the kind that link you back to your own country and traditions. I’ve heard so many good things about it, that I really don’t know why we haven’t visited just yet..!
05. Edinburgh – Scottish castles have pretty much always fascinated me enough, for this one to be a destination that’s been on my list for years! I’d also plan a lot of streets-strolling and a visit to Cramond’s village for sure!
Would love to know what’s on your travel bucket list! x